Sunday 3 March 2013

Website: Adding Image, Typography and Twitter Feed

To make navigating more user friendly I used the "Advanced Styles" menu to highlight a link in a different colour when the mouse scrolls over it. Originally, I chose red to conform to horror conventions  but after discussion we changed this to a hot pink colour to play on the themes of our girly antagonist.



























Adding an Image
Using the "add" option I selected "image without frame" and uploaded from our file of photos from the shoot for the poster.
We chose to use a different picture from the poster that was not overly edited but was still effective for making the audience feel uncomfortable.



I then used the dragging tools to make the picture very large and positioned it at the side of our webpage.



Adding Typography

I used the same process for adding our title as I did for adding the image. 
Add> Image> Image without Frame


When positioning the typography I chose the option of "send to back" as the black background of the image slightly overlapped the other text on the homepage.

Twitter Feed

Social convergence are a common convention on all film websites and we had already added links to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pintrest, Google Plus and RRS.
However, we felt that because of the increasing power and popularity of social networking, we should have a live twitter feed on our homepage.

Firstly, I created a Twitter account for bitter sweet using the film poster as a picture and writing a short bio.

Using the "Add" feature I selected "Social Networking" and "Twitter Feed"
I connected this to our twitter by inserting the username of the Bitter Sweet twitter page, selected the number of tweets to be shown (5 as to not take up too much room) and positioned the feed on the Homepage.









No comments:

Post a Comment